Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Interesting Connections

One of the hopes I had for the wiki, was that it might illuminate connections between things that aren't obvious. Tonight I discovered one such interesting fact while editing the wiki!

I discovered that the person that appears in the video in my last post, Robert Maly, not only works for The Model Group as a developer in the new Gateway Quarter area, but he also co-chairs the Effective Governance Team for Agenda 360.

This is not an obvious fact. It is important to stay aware of how those in a position to make planning decisions and influence policy are also likely to benefit from those same decisions. This is the central thesis ( I think ) of Who Rules Cincinnati? We should ask ourselves what qualifications Robert Maly has to sit as a chair on the Effective Governance Team.

Hopefully more connections just like this will spring up as the wiki grows.

No comments: