Thursday, October 23, 2008

Recent Wiki Work

I haven't posted in several days but I have been contributing to the wiki here and there. I haven't been staying on pace with answering The Big Here questions though.

I added the first of what I hope will eventually become numerous articles for neighborhoods: College Hill, Madisonville, Pleasant Ridge, and Westwood. The articles are all fairly short. I created them because those four are mentioned in this article about form-based codes as being neighborhoods that are interested in pursuing FBCs. I hope the articles will grow and encompass much more information about each neighborhood over time.

I also added an article for Fifth Third Bank because I wanted to see who was in its board and administration, but that hasn't yielded anything particularly interesting yet.

Yesterday I created articles for The Planning Department, and some Charterites. I also created an article for Milton Dohoney.

I addition to many other minor edits, the main strategy I've been using is to take each article on the In The News page one by one and add the relevant information to each page. Once I've edited every page that seems like it could possibly use the information from the new item, I remove the item from the list of news stories. I try not to let any news story older than a month sit on that page, although I think I'm digging up articles fast than I'm wikifying them.

Today I got started on wikifying the story on the Fifth & Race site, but I haven't gotten all the way done yet.

No comments: